It is a sad fact that many Wisdom Institute members are dealing with family or friends in various stages of Dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. While we are not offering to collect specific medical information, we would like to collect links to websites that have been helpful to others, and other resources we can post for our members to review and use as needed. These resources have not been reviewed by medical professionals but may be of assistance. If you have other resources that have been of assistance, please share with our membership by emailing: email@example.com.
Dementia Society of America
Information Support Research
Books of Interest
Notable books on Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care
- 9 Best Alzheimer’s and Dementia Books for Caregivers – DailyCaring
- What I Wish People Knew About Dementia, by Wendy Mitchell, Bloomsbury Publishing Ltd, 2022
- The author was diagnosed with dementia some years ago and is still going strong.
- Contented Dementia, by Oliver James, Ebury Publishing, 2010
- Pathways to Well-Being with Dementia: A Manual of Help, Hope and Inspiration, Published by the Dementia Action Alliance (https://daanow.org/). Download for free or pay for a copy.
- Dementia Self-Management Guidebook, free from https://deerprogram.org/dementia-self-management/
- This is an invaluable guide for the person diagnosed with dementia and care-partners.
Join Reimagining Dementia to envision the possibilities for people with dementia.
If you have other resources that have been of assistance, please share with our membership by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.